Cleaning vomit off the carpet is the most unpleasant task. But with the help of the right tools and methodology, you can remove sticky stains from your carpet. In this article, we have shared the 5 best ways to clean vomit off the carpet. Let’s begin:
1. Remove The Vomit
Removing the vomiting from the carpet is a tedious job. But you can’t leave it on your carpet. Here’s how to clean it:
- By Using A Scraper
As soon as the vomiting hits the carpet, grab a scraper or a flat surface. Scrap off the vomiting, thick piece, into a bin or plastic bag.
- Plastic Bag
Take a plastic bag and turn it inside out on your hand. Pick the vomiting by using this plastic bag from the carpet. Then turn the bag right side out and tie it. Drop it in the dustbin.
Note: Be cautious that the plastic bag doesn’t have holes in it.
- Paper Towel or Hand Towel
Another way of cleaning the vomiting is by the use of a hand towel or paper towel. Both, paper towels and hand towels are good at absorbing solutions. But if the vomiting contains chunks, then definitely they will stick on the carpet and make it a messy one.
- Dry Sand
As soon as you see vomiting, cover it with dry sand. Let it stay as it is. The sand will absorb all the water from the carpet and make it easy for you to clean vomit off the carpet. Later you may use a broom and a dustpan to clean the affected area.
2. Dry The Excess Moisture
Immediately, after removing the Vomiting, it’s important to dry the excess water present in the carpet.
Cornstarch is another neutralizing substance that absorbs pungent odours. Using cornstarch, it’s quite simple and easy. Sprinkle cornstarch powder on the vomit. Make a firm layer with this powder. And leave it for a few minutes. The cornstarch powder will absorb the vomiting and makes it an easy task for you to clean your carpet. After that, you may use the vacuum cleaner to sweep the remaining residues. In case you observe that the vomiting area is still wet then you may apply another layer of cornstarch. Gradually the excess moisture will get absorbed.
- Baking Soda
Sprinkle a few amounts of baking soda over the vomiting area. Leave it as it is for around 40 minutes. Then do the vacuuming. The baking soda will absorb all the residual odour and moisture from the carpet. You may repeat this step over and over again to make your carpet stain and odour free.
3. Remove The Stain
Once you remove the vomiting from your carpet, it’s important to remove the stain too. The below-mentioned solutions can help you in either way.
- White Vinegar
- Cleaning with white vinegar is one of the easy ways
- Mix an equal amount of vinegar and water into a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution over the affected area of the carpet
- Leave it for 15 minutes
- Later, use a clean and dry cloth to soak the residuals.
- Dry Cleaning Liquid
Put the dry cleaning solution over the affected area of the carpet. Blot the stain with the dry cleaning liquid. Keep the carpet as it is until the liquid is completely absorbed by the carpet
- Hydrogen Peroxide
If you want to try hydrogen peroxide as a cleaning agent then it is one of the best ways to Clean vomit off the carpet. To make the solution, you need:
- 1:2 ratio of hydrogen peroxide: water
- Mix it well
- Pour it into the affected area.
- Leave the carpet for 5 minutes
- Blot the carpet with a towel.
- You may require to perform this method several times to remove all the vomiting traces.
- Mix a tablespoon of ammonia in a cup of water
- Put it in a spray bottle and pour it over the stain.
- Use a towel or sponge to dab the ammonia over the stain.
- Then rinse it with water.
- And make it dry with the help of a vacuum cleaner or towel.
Note: If you have pets at your place then don’t use ammonia to Clean vomit off the carpet.
- Fabric Cleaner
Fabric cleaners are another effective way to clean the carpet. Make sure that the fabric cleaner doesn’t contain bleach. The bleach content present in the solution may affect the colour of the carpet. The best cleaners are enzyme based and they remove the stain very quickly.
4. Get Rid of The Annoying Odour
Hopefully, the vomiting stains are gone with the help of the above-mentioned cleaning techniques. However, there are a few chances that the bad odour of the vomiting may resist. To vanish the pungent smell, you may use baking soda in the affected area; overnight so that it neutralizes the odour.
Or you may use other solutions that are available to remove the pungent smell. Further, don’t use air fresheners as they mix well in the air and worsen the pungent odour of the vomiting.
5. Finish With Vacuuming
After finishing the cleaning of the carpet, make sure the area where the vomiting was there, it should be dry. You may also use the vacuum cleaner to remove the residues. Keep the carpet aside so that it regains its original shape.
Vomiting is hard to remove from the carpet if it is left to dry. Immediate action helps to keep your carpet clean and hygienic. You can follow the above-mentioned ways to get rid of the vomit off your carpet. In case, the stain or vomit spill is severe, immediately report it to a professional carpet repair Brisbane company.
- How To Get Nail Polish Out Of Carpet?
- What methods do you use for carpet repair?
- How to Fix Loose Yarns and Snags on Your Carpet
- How to Patch Small Holes in Your Carpet
- Carpet Burn Repair: How to Fix Scorch Marks on Your Carpet
- How to Add a Finished Edge to Your Carpet
- Carpet Stretching: What It Is and Why You Need It
- How To Get Wrinkles Out Of Carpet Without A Stretcher?
- How To Get Red Wine Out Of Carpet
- How To Patch A Carpet Hole?
- How To Get Blood Out Of Carpet?
- What Do You Mean By Carpet Patching Service